Woven into the fabric of North America, trucking has become indispensable in modern society. Although our drivers don’t hand deliver products to consumers, they are a fundamental reason the products are available. As the saying goes, “if you bought it, a truck driver brought it”.
Most people would be surprised to see just how quickly our society would cease to a halt if this industry were no longer functioning. Here at Erb Transport, delivering food is our niche. The transportation industry as a whole, however, has no niche. Trucks all across North America deliver everything from medical supplies to food, clothes, water, gas, and just about any other product you can think of. If trucking stops, we stop.
Without trucking, our world would be immeasurably different…
- Massive food shortages would occur within the first 48 hours
- Hospitals would quickly run out of supplies, decreasing the opportunities for proper health care
- It would take three to four weeks for drinkable water to become scarce
- Banks and ATM’s would run out of money
- Fuel would begin to dwindle, inevitably halting daily travel, as well as medical or any professional assistance
A world without trucking is simply unsustainable. Not only would all truck drivers and office staff lose their jobs, but those who rely on products to do their jobs would also feel the negative effects. If trucking stopped for just one day, our world would very drastically change.
Next time you see a truck driver on the road, think back to this article. Without their commitment, their long days spent away from their families, and their patience, our society would not function like it does today. Truck drivers are the behind-the-scenes workers that truly make the production happen. If you want to make the world a better, healthier place, contact us today.