Erb’s Drive to Go Green!
The Erb Group of Companies is proud to participate in many leading initiatives within our industry. When it comes to important issues like food safety, product security and the environment, we are firmly committed to going the extra mile and ensuring we go above and beyond our industry standards.
Erb is a SmartWay Transport Partner, which is an innovative collaboration between the U.S., Canada, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the freight industry. This collaboration is designed to increase energy efficiency while significantly reducing greenhouse gases and air pollution. Erb is proud to be part of such an innovative and progressive step forward in the fight for a cleaner environment.
Wondering how exactly we reach for environmentally friendly practices? Well…
- Trailer Tails: The first adopters in the Canadian trucking industry, these aerodynamic tails improve fuel efficiency by 5.5% by streamlining airflow and reducing rear drag.
- Tractor Tires: Our fuel efficient tires are SmartWay verified because of the reduced rolling resistance from the dual energy compound tread which extends mileage and the lifetime of the tire.
- Trailer Tires: Ecopia tires are loaded with new technologies and innovations from revolutionary low rolling resistance design to advanced tread compounds, they are setting the standard in terms of eco-performance
- Tire Inflation Systems: Tiremaax systems minimize tire wear by providing a responsive approach to help extend tire life and increase fuel efficiency by keeping trailer tires properly inflated and rolling smoothly
- Eco Mud Flaps: The patented aerodynamic design of the Eco Flaps splash guard offers a simple solution to two of the greatest challenges in the transportation industry today – reducing fuel costs and improving performance
- Aerodynamic Tractors: Our new tractors with full chassis skirts and full roof fairings are contributing to an overall improvement in our fuel economy
- LCV’s: Long Combination Vehicles have been introduced to high volume traffic corridors, reducing miles and saving fuel and reducing greenhouse gases
- Truck Specs: Using the latest technology in automated transmissions, our high torque engine packages offer cleaner exhaust emissions through diesel exhaust fluid technology
- Auxiliary Power Units: Sleeper berth equipped tractors have battery powered APUs to keep the truck warm/cool during downtime, without idling the engine, reducing greenhouse gas emissions by up to 5%.
Want more information on Erb’s green initiatives? You can find them on our website under the “About Us” tab! Working with the environment instead of against it is a commitment Erb is proud to take on!