Preparing for winter driving
As much as we hate to admit it – the cold weather is quickly approaching! Along with this cold weather comes snow, sleet, and more dangerous road conditions! More than 50,000 accidents that occur each year are due to precipitation, snow fall, or icy road conditions, which is why Erb wants to ensure your safety on the road! Although it is always crucial to drive safely, especially when sharing the road with a transport truck, it becomes even more important during the winter months! Whether you’re a truck driver, or just sharing the road with one, here are a few tips on how to stay safe this winter!
- Always keep your windshield washer fluid on hand. Being able to see out of your front window is a pretty important part of driving, and that fluid can be used up quicker than you think! Always keeping some extra in your car could improve your visibility when you need it most!
- Always keep an ice scraper in your car. It’s crucial to properly scrape the ice and snow off of your car; even the top of it! Having an emergency shovel in case you are stuck somewhere is always a good idea.
- Ensure your cell phone is fully charged at all times or have an in car charger in case of an accident.
- While driving, give yourself even more room in case of a sudden stop.
- Always wear your seat belt, and go easy on your brakes to avoid skidding!